MOTORCYCLE LEARNER PERMIT
Motorcycle Learners Permit Assessment (MPA) - Learner Permit Issued Upon Completion
All new riders need to attend and pass the 2 day Learners Permit Course prior to obtaining the Learner Permit. This is VicRoads mandated course including off-road training, performed on “The Range” and an on-road assessment.
This is in addition to the existing motorcycle knowledge test.
The Learner Permit Course is a 15 hour course of training and testing over a two day period. It is designed specifically around the assumption that the student is an absolute novice rider with no previous experience.
The course covers all safety aspects for riders, from basic control skills through to the point where the student skill level will be safe for “real world” road riding situations in traffic.The training and testing consist of various exercises, riding our motorcycles on our training range and on the road.
The class sizes normally consist of a maximum of 5 riders to 1 instructor, allowing the instructor to devote the time requirement for each student to fully understand the safe riding concepts.
Some of the subjects covered include :
Learners Permit Course Duration and Scheduling Summary
Ride-Tek is one the most experienced motorcycle training organistions in Australia. Our experienced trainers are passionate motorcyclists who are dedicated to assisting you to get the most of out of the training being offered.
Our aim is for you not to just pass your Motorcycle Learners Permit but to ride safely and enjoy your motorcycling.
It is wise to check if your licence is currently suspended, cancelled, disqualified or subject to a Fines Victoria Sanction. If you have any doubts it is safe to check with the Fines Victoria Website.
Important Information Regarding The Learners Permit
Please Read the Confirmation Email Carefully. We Look Forward to seeing You Soon
WHERE – Your course will be held at our SANDOWN RACE COURSE Centre (591-659 PRINCES HWY, SPRINGVALE – enter in at GATE 16 off the Princes Highway and follow the road around to GATE 3A.
Meet at the white portables on the left of GATE 3A – (Melways Map 80 Ref C9) Don’t rely on your GPS!
When – Your course starts at 8.00am SHARP each day and concludes at 3.30pm approx. Late arrivals will be sent home and will incurr a $100.0 rescheduling fee.
WHAT TO BRING CHECK LIST.
- Proof of I.D.A current and valid car licence or learner permit card ( A picture of your licence is not suffice). If you don’t hold a Victorian photo licence you can use a valid passport, Vic boat licence, Vic firearm licence or ADF photo licence.
- Proof of residence. Its usually on your licence/permit or bring a bill, bank statement etc.
- Appropriate clothing and foot wear ( no exposed skin)
- Food. We have a vending machine but if you want something else there is take away near by or bring it with you.
- Bring $41.20 to cover your Vic Roads admin fee and the issue of your learner permit (we accept credit cards).
- If you have your own motorcycle gear we recommend you bring it or we can supply helmets, gloves and a hi vis vest.
THE FINE PRINT.
- If you have paid in advance (deposit payments included) please note our Refund Policy:
- Cancellation of courses/training/assessments-nil refund or – if a cancellation is made within the first 72hrs of booking,
then a refund will be offered, less a $50.00 admin fee.
- Transfers of courses can be rescheduled or credit given against course/training/assessment offererd by Ride-Tek MTA for a 12month period.
- Transfers less than 72business hrs prior to course will incur a $100.00 transfer fee.
- Late arrivals after course commencement will result in a $100.00 re-scheduling fee.
- No show will incur forfeiture of all payments.
- All courses/tests are non refundable
SAY ABOUT US
IS OUR BUSINESS
Our success rate is over 90% for course participants. We offer our customers a lifestyle not just a Motorbike license.
Staying in touch with our customers is a big part of what we do, it helps us offer the right training to all our customer that have come back to get on the road training or full Motorcycle Licence Training